Find the right sense of balance between your work, family, and leisure read
Dec 28 20208850 Views
In life, you have to manage multiple things at once. Work, family, and personal needs often compete for your time and attention. In such a scenario, finding a sense of balance can help you live a more fulfilling life. Learn how to find the right sense of balance in your life with the following points.
- Take multiple short breaks: Studies have shown that breaks help you become more productive. Get up and move every hour—stretch, have a glass of water, watch out the window, or take a short stroll outside the building. Consider physical health to maintain mental health.
- Make use of your lunch hour: Write a letter to someone, make a personal call, read a book, or take a walk.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize: Make short-term, mid-term, and long-term plans for your work projects. Make an everyday to-do list at the start of the day to keep track of your daily goals. List the most important tasks first. Devise a timeline for each of the tasks to complete the project on time.
- Work on your communication skills: Learn to express your thoughts clearly and improve your listening skills. Excellent communication translates to fewer problems at work. Talk with your manager if something is troubling you at work.
- Call family meetings: Hold meetings every month to discuss chores, problems, goals, and future events.
- Maintain a family calendar: Mark all meetings, activities, and special occasions for everyone to see and use.
- Spend as much quality time as possible with your kids: This boosts their self-esteem and strengthens your relationships with them.
- Eat together: Having meals together is the only way you can see and talk with your family every day. Ask everyone on the table to share their news and proceedings in life.
- Plan fun family activities: Have fun together with your family. Exercise, or go on bike rides or hikes. Take one day outings to nearby places.
- Cultivate interests: Work on your interests. Find something you've always wanted to do, but never had the time. Enroll for that calligraphy or music class. Take out time for playing a sport or crafts. Sign up for an art class.
- Get involved with your community: Find out a way to give back to your society. Coach the kids on one of the sports. Teach the younger community a skill that you are good at. Volunteer for a new project.
- Make exercise a part of your routine: Join a gymnasium or explore other options like swimming or jogging to maintain physical health. Make work out buddy to make it fun and not skip a day at the gym. Put exercise on your calendar.
- Take short vacations: Plan a day trip to a nearby village or recreational area. Short trips add relaxation to your life at a little cost.
Disclaimer : Any content, such as text, graphics, images, and any other material found on the ManipalCigna Health Insurance Website is for illustrative and/or informational purposes only. This content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice and consultation of your general physician pertaining to your medical condition(s). ManipalCigna requests that you do not delay or disregard professional medical advice on the basis of what you have read or seen on the ManipalCigna Website.
ManipalCigna, one of the leading companies in India to offer health insurance plans, is making this health and/or medical related reading material available for suggestion purposes only. ManipalCigna does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the ManipalCigna Website. Reliance on any information provided by ManipalCigna, ManipalCigna employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of ManipalCigna, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.
Showing 201 to 220 of 341 entries.