This privacy statement applies to all the information we collect from you through the website, www.manipalcigna.com operated by ManipalCigna Health Insurance from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, or through mobile applications made available by ManipalCigna. We will refer to these websites and mobile applications as the “Service” throughout this Privacy Statement
Please read this privacy statement carefully. By using any of the service, you represent that you have read and understood the terms and conditions which includes this privacy statement, and you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
At ManipalCigna Health Insurance we respect your right to privacy and value the trust you have placed in us. In the process of operating the Service, we may become aware of information relating to you, including information that is of a confidential nature. We are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of our customers’ personal information submitted to us through the Service. To aid us in protecting your privacy, you should maintain secrecy of your login ID and password, if any, provided to you in connection with your account with www.manipalcigna.com
Information We Collect
ManipalCigna Health Insurance may collect the information you provide through the Service when you:
- Request for information from ManipalCigna Health Insurance's Service.
- Use online tools and calculators.
- Apply online for products.
- Subscribe to online services.
- Complete an online form.
- Conduct transactions online.
- Apply for a job online.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us through the Service, including:
- Name, address, and birthdate;
- Other contact information such as email address and/or text address;
- Financial and health information;
- Credit or debit card number; and
- Name & address of the Beneficiary of the policy purchased by you and your relationship to the beneficiary
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information you provide when you visit or use our Service to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information and to enhance your experience with us. These uses include:
- Allow you to access specific account information.
- Completing transactions, for example, processing your insurance payments;
- Processing claims;
- Providing customization: We may use the information provided by you to customize your visit to the Service by displaying appropriate content at our judgment and discretion.
- To send you information about products and services offered by ManipalCigna. In the event you do not wish to receive such information, you may unsubscribe to the facility in the email message you receive.
- Sending you information about health care and health related services, resources and benefits that will help you manage your health;
- Providing and improving customer services, including through email communications or text communications, or any chat or similar feature available through our Service
- Providing a quote for one or more of our products;
- To contact you for policy reminder notices, claims processing and to keep you updated on the insurance sector and ManipalCigna through our newsletters.
- Taking any action that we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- A. Under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence;
- B. To comply with legal process;
- C. To respond to requests from statutory, public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- D. To enforce our Terms of Service and Privacy Statement
- E. To protect our operations;
- F. to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of yourself or others;
- Informing you of job opportunities and evaluating your suitability for a job; and Other purposes specifically disclosed at the time we request your information
- Other purposes specifically disclosed at the time we request your information
How We Share or Disclose Personal Information
Sharing with Third Parties
- We work with third parties that provide services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing,auditing and other similar services.
- We will share any personal information you provide on the Service for the purposes stated on the page where we collected the information and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share your information in other limited circumstances, including:
- Complying with applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence;
- Responding to requests from statutory, government or public authorities or otherwise cooperating with authorities pursuant to a legal matter, including authorities outside your country of residence;
- Protect, enforce and defend our rights or property
- In litigation, investigations, and other legal matters where the data is pertinent;
- Investigating security incidents;
- In the event of the sale or transfer of ManipalCigna Health Insurance or some of our assets, or in the context of similar business negotiations;
- Protect interests of of ManipalCigna Health Insurance.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service.
When you use our Service, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Service, to track users movements around the Service and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to help us customize your use of our Service so that you like the experience. However, we would like to reiterate that this information is not shared with third parties, for their promotional purposes, except as provided under Disclosure of Information clause specified above.
Use of Cookie
We store a cookie on your computer when you use our Service. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a users computer for record-keeping purposes. The primary purpose of these cookies is to analyze how users move within our Website. Our cookies let you view customized pages while transacting with us. Our cookies do not have confidential or personally identifiable information. Since, we use session ID cookies, they do not track a user after leaving our Website. A session ID cookie expires when you close the browser. It is required if you want to buy a policy online from us. We also use analytic tools to track visitor traffic on the Service.
Updating your personal information
If you need to update your personal information or there is any change in the personal information, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may update or delete it by making the change on our registration page or by emailing to us at Compliance@manipalcigna.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed on our website or mobile applications.
Our Data Protection and Security Policy
We take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information transmitted between visitors and the Service and the personal information stored on our servers.
Unfortunately, no method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us through, or in connection with, the Service. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at Compliance@manipalcigna.com.
Additional Information for Users of ManipalCigna
Health Insurance’s Mobile Application
- When using certain functions via ManipalCigna Health Insurance’s mobile application, we may use your location information if your mobile device uses global positioning system (“GPS”) technology, trackers or other location tools, if you allow your device to provide this information to the mobile application.
- We will use this information to estimate your location and to provide you with more personalized content and/or services.
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not monitor your GPS tracking or location information and does not save this information.
- A ManipalCigna Health Insurance mobile application may also permit you to upload a photograph from your mobile device. The photograph is for your use only and ManipalCigna Health Insurance will not have access to it. ManipalCigna Health Insurance will not upload it to a ManipalCigna Health Insurance server. This paragraph does not apply to scans or images of documents you submit to ManipalCigna Health Insurance in connection with your use of the Service.
Links to Other Websites
The Service contains links to websites operated by third parties. If you provide personal information to any third party’s website, your transaction will occur on that website (not ManipalCigna Health Insurance's websites) and that website operator will collect the personal information you provide and will be subject to its privacy policies. We encourage you to read the legal notice posted on those sites, including their privacy policies.
This Privacy statement does not apply to your use of and activity on those other websites. Through our Service, we provide links to other websites only as a convenience, and the inclusion of these links does not imply endorsement of the linked site. We have no responsibility or liability for your use of third party websites.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time.
- We will post the revised Privacy Statement on our websites or announce the change on the home page of the website.
- You can determine when we revise the Privacy Statement by referring to revision date at the bottom of the notice.
- Any changes will become effective when we post the Privacy Statement on our websites. By continuing to use the Service following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes.
- If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, in whole or in part, you can choose to not continue to use the Service
Chief Compliance Officer, ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited, 401/402, Raheja Titanium, Off Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East), Mumbai-400063, India