Terms and Conditions
By using ManipalCigna Health Insurance's websites or mobile applications (collectively referred to as the “Service”), you agree to the following terms and conditions. Your continued access or use of the Service shall be deemed your acceptance of this terms & conditions.
Products and Services Provided by ManipalCigna Health Insurance
The information provided about the products gives only salient features of the products. For more details on terms and conditions, please read the product prospectus carefully before concluding the sale. Refer to the Policy Terms & Conditions for detailed information of features, benefits and exclsions applicable on the products. Certain plans and benefits may not be available for purchase online. Please contact our Health Relationship Managers on 1800-102-4462 or visit our branch office to avail these options.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Service may include links to other Internet sites, solely as a convenience to users. ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not endorse any such sites or the information,materials, products, services contained in or accessible through such websites. ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. Your access and use of such sites, including information, material, products and services therein, is solely at your own risk.
The Service is maintained by ManipalCigna Health Insurance and your use of the Service is subject to the Terms and Conditions and all applicable Indian laws. The Service is offered to you on the condition that you accept the Terms and Conditions contained herein, without modification or reservation of any of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein and by accessing and browsing the Service, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions.
You hereby agree and confirm that you shall click on the links to, and familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions found throughout the Service and abide by them.
You expressly agree that use of the Service is at your sole risk. All material including any link to other sites and content found at linked sites is provided on "as is" and “as available” basis and without any express or implied or statutory warranties including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, data accuracy & completeness, and any warranties relating to non-infringement. We shall not incur any liability direct or indirect, to you or any third party, as a consequence of non-functioning of any equipment belonging to you, any third party or us. We shall not be responsible for any downtime of such equipment. Due to the nature of the Internet, ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not warrant that access to the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free. ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not warrant or make any representations regarding the usefulness of or the expected results of the material contained on the Service or as to the accuracy or reliability of the content contained therein.
You should assume that all material contained on the Service is copyrighted / protected by intellectual property laws unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Service without the prior written permission of ManipalCigna Health Insurance. ManipalCigna Health Insurance neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials contained on the Service will not infringe patent, copyright or any intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with ManipalCigna Health Insurance.
We shall not be responsible or liable for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, errors, omission, typographic errors, disruption, delay, interruption, failure, deletion, defect of any information, research, reports, analysis, quotes etc in this Service or any part thereof
We make no warranty regarding the transactions entered into through the Service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from or through the Service or any person shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
We shall not be liable for any action taken by you based on or relying on the information provided in or by the Service.
We will not be liable for any virus that may enter your system as a result of you using the Service. We make no guarantees to you or third parties that the content contained on the Service would be virus free. We will not be liable for any direct, incidental or consequential loss, which may be caused to you as a result of your use of the Service.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of this Service or with any of these Terms and Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance uses the technology known as “cookies” to track usage patterns, traffic trends and user behaviour, as well as to record other information from the Service. Many content adjustments and customer service improvements are made based on the data derived from cookies. The information we collect from cookies will not be used to create profiles of users and will only be used in aggregate form.
Use of the Service
The Service is deemed to be accessed or in use by you when it is loaded in temporary or permanent memory of the computer (including any other device such as a mobile phone with internet browsing via GPRS facility, etc.) you are utilizing to access the Service.
Restrictions on Use You shall not:
- (a) Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit, perform, reproduce, publish or create derivative works from or in any way exploit any of the services or content on the Web site or mobile applications in violation of the Terms and Conditions or the laws of any country.
- (b) Create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any part of the Service save and except such information as relates to the policy purchased by you.
- (c) Cache or permit caching by any person.
- (d) Do any act that violates our intellectual property in the Service.
- (e) Engage in any fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity, including but not limited to any communication or solicitation designed or intended to fraudulently obtain the password or any private information of any use
- (f) Use the Service to violate the security of any computer network, crack pass words or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including threatening or obscene material or engage in any kind of illegal activity.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Service or any part or portion thereof, at any time, without notice.
Viruses, Worms, Use of Files
ManipalCigna Health Insurance cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Service are free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title, noninfringement or fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to the files available for downloading from the Service. In no event will ManipalCigna Health Insurance be liable to you or to anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance on results obtained from use of files downloaded from the Service. These files may be downloaded and/or reprinted for personal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any reason except for personal use is strictly prohibited.
The health information on the Service is provided by ManipalCigna Health Insurance solely for informational purposes as a public service to promote consumer health. It is not meant to provide medical advice tailored to you in any way. It does not constitute medical advice and is not intended to be a substitute for proper medical care provided by a physician. ManipalCigna Health Insurance assumes no responsibility for any circumstances arising out of the use, misuse, interpretation or application of any information supplied on the Service. Always consult with your doctor for appropriate examinations, treatment, testing, and care recommendations. Do not rely on information on this site as a tool for self-diagnosis.
We grant you the right to access the Service in accordance with these terms and conditions, and for no other purpose. The Trade Logo belongs to M/s Cigna Intellectual Property Inc. and T T Krishnamachari & Co and used by ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited. Nothing contained on the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Logo displayed on the Service without the written permission of ManipalCigna Health Insurance.
Your misuse of the Trade Logo displayed on the Service, or any other content on the Service, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. ManipalCigna Health Insurance reserves its right to seek appropriate legal remedy for any violation or breach of any intellectual property rights including but not limited to unauthorized use of any trademarks, logos, slogans, service marks and contents of the Service.
Web-Enabled Mobile or Handheld Devices
Certain web and smartphone applications of the Service have been designed to run on a personal computer, standard laptop or web-enabled mobile device. If you view or use the Service on a mobile or handheld device you may experience some display and functionality limitations. You may experience varying wireless network coverage and speed, depending on your geographic location and telecommunications provider. The Service should not be used while operating any motor vehicle, or in any other manner that might endanger yourself or others.
If your mobile device uses Global Positioning System (GPS) technology, trackers, or other location tracking tools, your location information may be used for purposes of determining your location when using a function on the Service that uses such information. While using the Service, if you allow your location information to be obtained, we will use this information solely to return your estimated location and to provide you with more personalized results and/or services. ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not monitor your GPS tracking or location information, and does not save this information. We will not use this information to identify you or disclose this information to any third parties.
By using the Service you expressly agree and acknowledge that ManipalCigna Health Insurance shall not responsible for any of the following:
- (a) performance limitations and/or failures experienced in connection with any wireless or Wi-Fi service used to access the Service;
- (b) data transmitted through wireless access that may be intercepted by unauthorized persons; or
- (c) your failure to physically secure and/or monitor your personal computer, laptop or wireless device or to protect your passwords, resulting in unauthorized access to the Service and/or your ManipalCigna Health Insurance account or plan information.
While using any web-enabled mobile or handheld device to use the Service, standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges will apply. You expressly agree and acknowledge that the use of any mobile or handheld device is at your sole risk and shall be in accordance with all applicable Indian laws.
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless ManipalCigna Health Insurance (including its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, group/promoter companies, agents, representatives or subcontractors) from any and all claims and losses imposed on, incurred by or asserted as a result of or related to:
- (a) your access and use of this website;
- (b) any non-compliance with the terms and conditions hereof;
- (c) any third party actions related to your receipt and use of the information, whether authorized or unauthorized;
- (d) misuse of your user ID and password;
- (e) any unauthorized use of, this website by you or someone using your computer
You shall be liable to pay any and all costs, damages and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such claim.
Limitation of Liability
You agree by accessing the Service that under no circumstances or any theories of liability under international or civil, common or statutory law including but not limited to strict liability, negligence or other tort theories or contract, patent or copyright laws, will ManipalCigna Health Insurance or its employees and directors, its suppliers and its insurance agents be liable for damages of any kind occurring from the use of the Service or any information, goods or services obtained on the Service including direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary or punitive damages (even if ManipalCigna Health Insurance has been advised of the possibility of such damages), to the fullest extent permitted by law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages so some of these limitations may not apply to you.
Notices under these Terms may be given by ManipalCigna Health Insurance and the policyholders of ManipalCigna Health Insurance in writing by delivering them by hand or by sending them by post to the last address given by the policyholder and in the case of ManipalCigna Health Insurance to the address mentioned on the Web Site.
In addition, ManipalCigna Health Insurance may also publish notices of general nature, which are applicable to the persons using the Service or policyholders of ManipalCigna Health Insurance in a newspaper or on its Web Site. Such notices will have the same effect as a notice served individually to each person using the Service or policyholder.
In the case of hand delivery, cable, telex, facsimile notices or electronic communication notices or instructions will be deemed served 7 days after posting or upon receipt as the case may be. Documents, which may be sent by electronic communication between the parties, may be in the form of an electronic mail, an electronic mail attachment, or in the form of an available download from the Web Site. ManipalCigna Health Insurance shall be deemed to have fulfilled any legal obligation to deliver to the policyholder if any such document is sent via electronic delivery. Any instructions received from the policyholder / any person using the Service by means of electronic delivery or by facsimile would be deemed to have been sent on paper.
Changes and Applicable Law
We reserve the right to make changes to the Service and our terms & conditions. We encourage you to review the Service and these terms periodically for any updates or changes. Your continued access or use of the Service shall be deemed your acceptance of these terms & conditions and any changes and the reasonableness of these standards for notice of changes. Use of the Service and purchases of products from the Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
This Agreement is subject to the laws of Republic of India, and in respect of any matter arising herein, the courts at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction. ManipalCigna Health Insurance accepts no liability whatsoever, direct or indirect for non-compliance with the laws of any country other than that of India. The mere fact that the Service can be accessed by any person including policyholders in a country other than India would not mean that the laws of the said country would govern these Terms and/or the Service operations of the policyholder and/or the use of the Service by the any person including policyholders.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance offers Policies strictly in accordance with the IRDA regulations, as may be amended from time to time by IRDA. Before availing of any services or Policies, it shall be the sole responsibility of foreign residents including NRIs in foreign jurisdictions to ascertain/verify from ManipalCigna Health Insurance, whether the services available on the Service can be accessed and utilised in their respective jurisdictions
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between us as a result of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Service.
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance's performance under this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, governmental, court and law enforcement requests
- You acknowledge that any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved solely with ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between us with respect to the Service and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between us with respect to the Service.
- The clause headings in these Terms and Conditions are for only for convenience and do not affect the meaning of the relative term.
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance may sub-contract and employ insurance agents to carry out any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance shall try and ensure that all information that is provided on the Service with respect to policies / products are accurate in all respects and are kept up to date. However, ManipalCigna Health Insurance does not guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, completeness, reliability or content of the information and any changes that are made with respect to the same and any person accessing the Service including the policyholders are required to check the accuracy of the same with the office of ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- All transactions, which cannot be carried out instantaneously, would be carried out during working hours either on the same day or on the next working day or such further period as may be determined and/or specified by ManipalCigna Health Insurance depending upon the time of logging of the transaction.
- All transactions that are carried out by the policyholder at the Web Site or mobile applications, shall be subject to Government notifications, the rules, regulations and guidelines issued by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority, the Securities and Exchange Board of India, the Reserve Bank of India, and those of other regulatory bodies defining rules/regulations governing the offer of any service on the Web Site or mobile applications.
In the process of using the Service, the Privacy Statement as set forth in the website manipalcigna.com shall be applicable.
If you have any questions you may contact us send us email at Compliance@manipalcigna.com or contact us by postal mail at the contact information given below:
Chief Compliance Officer, ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited, 401/402, Raheja Titanium, Off Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East), Mumbai-400063, India