5 Ways to Improve Your Stamina read
Apr 20 202020 Views
The physical and mental energy, collectively known as stamina is essentially required by the human body. Stamina helps accomplish any task, be it walking or any other daily activity. Knowing all this, the question that remains is how do we improve our stamina?
Here are 5 techniques, which will help boost your stamina:
- Foods to improve stamina: Your body needs complex carbohydrates found in whole-wheat bread, roti, whole-wheat pasta, brown rice etc. Whole-foods like this provide fuel to your body in the form of glucose. Secondly, eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C helps boost your immunity. With immunity, you fall sick less often and hence prevent wastage of your energy. Thirdly, green leafy vegetables can give your stamina a renewed boost. Leafy greens like spinach, beans and broccoli are rich in iron and a great source of energy. Lastly, consume adequate amount of protein in the form of fish, eggs, nuts and legumes to provide proper nutrition and growth to your muscles.
- Food habits to improve stamina: Start your day with a king-size breakfast loaded with carbohydrates and proteins. This will help kick-start your morning and keep you active and energized throughout the day. Also, having smaller meals at shorter intervals instead of having large portions three times a day, helps.
- Sleep habits to improve stamina: Make sure there is a gap of at least 2 to 3 hours in between your dinner and your sleep to ensure proper digestion and better sleep. A disturbed sleep means your body is not rested well, which can result in lack of concentration.
- Water, beverages and stamina: Drink at least 3 litres of water to ensure you stay hydrated. Water also improves blood circulation, which means your body produces fewer toxins, in turn, helping you save energy. Stay away from alcohol and caffeinated drinks as they cause dehydration. Moreover, alcohol affects your motor skill, thus causing physical and mental strain at work.
- Exercise and yoga to improve stamina: Simple activities like aerobics, running or cycling for 30 minutes a day can help keep you in shape and boost your endurance. Yoga and meditation can help improve your mental strength and allow you to handle stress better.
Getting your medical tests done regularly can also help you keep diseases at bay or at least in control so that these ailments do not drain your stamina. Since getting diagnostic tests done routinely can be an expensive affair, health insurance with ManipalCigna can come in handy. Click here to know more manipalcigna.com