How a Health Insurance Plan Covering Ayurvedic Treatment Helps read
Feb 19 20201561 Views
Health insurance, just like any other industry, keeps evolving and incorporating essential changes. It provides financial coverage over medical procedures, routine check-ups etc. However, nowadays, people are seeking treatments like homoeopathy, Ayurveda and Unani, and the health insurance industry has accustomed itself to it; it has made provisions for covering Ayurvedic treatments.
By giving access to such traditional treatments, the health insurance companies intend to help customers get the benefit to avail cover for such treatments.
Many particular segments of urban populace are tending towards Ayurvedic treatments owing to their organic properties. People asking ‘Is Ayurvedic treatment covered under mediclaim?’ can now sigh in relief. The restorative and therapeutic properties of Ayurveda are preferred by many. Thus, health insurance covering Ayurvedic treatments is beneficial for many.
AYUSH is a body of insurance benefits that give medical coverage for alternate modes of treatment. It includes Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) treatments. It was developed under the orders of the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in 2013.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Treatments
Following are some of the benefits of Ayurvedic treatments:
- It provides several advantages to allopathic treatment. It is especially helpful for recuperation from critical illnesses like cancer. An Ayurvedic treatment entails minimum side effects and can be safely availed by patients.
- It focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than just the symptoms. The methods of Ayurvedic treatment involve the use of organic components. Again, Ayurveda is more cost-effective than other allopathic procedures.
- Nowadays, the populace is increasingly getting inclined towards traditional treatments that pose lesser side effects. Thus, it is a significant advantage to have access to a policy giving Ayurvedic treatment.
- Ayurvedic treatments can be availed for curing chronic ailments when every other option fails.
- It is beneficial for people who require Ayurvedic treatments for recurring diseases. Moreover, it often happens that allopathy treatment fails to show results. In such cases, you as a policyholder can avail health insurance covering Ayurvedic treatment.
- Health insurance plans covering Ayurvedic treatment have been given as an alternate choice. People can now go for this option of insurance policy to avail treatment.
India is a country of roughly 1.3 billion people. Different people have different preferences for a health insurance plan. Insurance companies nowadays are home to many customized plans for the ease of individuals. However, the objective of every plan is to safeguard the policyholder against future medical mishappenings.
Health insurance covering Ayurvedic treatment is widely popular in the current Indian health insurance market. The new policies have rightly included this facility to cater to the needs of a larger mass. It is useful, especially for children and senior citizens, as they pose much lesser side effects. Choose ManipalCigna ProHealth Select plan to avail benefits of Ayurvedic treatment within your plan.