What is Reimbursement Claim?
When the insured has availed the treatment at the hospital and settled his bills, he can submit the expenses he has incurred at the hospital for reimbursement. However he must ensure that he collects all the documents as per check list from hospital at the time of discharge. Original documents need to be submitted to the insurance company within 15 days of discharge.
To see the process for Reimbursement Claim click here <link to reimbursement inforgraphic)
Where can I get the claim form for reimbursement?
You have to download the claim form from our website www.manipalcigna.com Alternatively, you can contact your Health advisor or visit nearest ManipalCigna Health Insurance branch.
Where do I submit the claim documents?
You may submit the Claim Form along with the documents for reimbursement of the claim to the nearest ManipalCigna branch or head office at your own expense within 15 days from the date of discharge from the Hospital. Please ensure you carry the original documents with you.
What is the common check list of documents for Reimbursement claim?
List of necessary claim documents to be submitted for reimbursement are as following:
- Claim form completely filled and duly signed.
- Copy of photo ID of patient / KYC documents if applicable.
- PAN card if claimed amount is more than 1 Lakh
- Original Hospital Discharge summary
- Operation Theatre notes in case of surgery
- Original Hospital Main Bill
- Original Hospital Break up bill
- Original Investigation reports , X Ray, MRI, CT films, HPE, ECG
- Doctors Consultation letters/ reference slip for investigation.
- Original Pharmacy Bills
- MLC/ FIR report
- Implant Invoices, strikers for Lenses, stents if applicable.
- Original cancelled cheque with pre printed name of proposer on it.