Our Health Insurance Promise
At ManipalCigna Health Insurance, we strive to match your commitment to the health of your family. And our products are designed to honor that. Whatever your life stage and family requirements, we have a solution that will meet all your health care needs
What are the details to be provided at the time of intimation of claim?
The following details are to be provided to the company’s at the tine of intimation of Claim: Policy number, Name of policy, Name of the insured person in whose relation the Claim is being lodged. Nature of illness / injury. Name and address of the attending Medical Practitioner and hospital. Date of Admission and any other information as requested by Us.
ManipalCigna Group Insurance
What is Group Insurance Policy?
A group health insurance plan is a type of health insurance plan providing coverage to a group of people, usually who work in the same organisation. It is beneficial for employees since it protects them against unforeseen accidents and hospitalisation charges. The employer bears partial or whole premium expenses. These plans can also include floater policies which include the employees family as well.
From an employer’s perspective, investing in group health insurance is more affordable than getting individual health insurance plans. Also, it proves to be beneficial during tax reductions hence, working out for the employer and employee. It is a smart investment that makes employees feel safe and included.
How Group Health Insurance Works
A group health insurance plan offers coverage to every individual part of the group for whom the policy has been purchased. The terms and conditions mentioned are the same to all individuals covered under this health insurance plan. It covers the cost of unforeseen accidents, hospitalization charges and medical bills. But not all group health insurance plans are the same. There is a lot of customisation involved, keeping in mind the health requirements of the individuals, financial viability, etc. Some group insurance for employees is extended to include their family members too.
Why Choose ManipalCigna Group Health Insurance Plans
ManipalCigna Prohealth Group Insurance Policy offers employers and employees a wide range of product features designed to match various needs and requirements while providing a complete health insurance solution. Here are some reasons why you should choose ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy:
- Restoration of the sum insured
- Worldwide emergency cover
- Inpatient hospitalisation cover including AYUSH treatment
- Tax benefit under Section 80D
- No room rent capping
- Deductible option
What’s Not Covered?
Things like dental care, pregnancy-related treatments, bariatric surgery, etc. do not get covered under the base plan of the group health insurance. More optional covers are considered and included depending on the group of people the policy is being taken for.
Benefits of Group Health Insurance
- It results in a happy workplace environment since it creates a sense of inclusion and consideration. Employees tend to work better when they know that their employer values them.
- Since it is an insurance policy purchased for a large group of people, more coverage is offered at a lower price.
- Getting a group health insurance policy secures employees from serious health conditions and illnesses. Many employees are unable to get individual health insurances due to high premium amounts and other reasons. A group health insurance policy provides them with much-needed security.
- Getting group health insurance comes with some great tax incentives. Businesses that partly or wholly take care of the premiums, can be compensated for the money they are paying and get a credit back on their taxes.
- Mental well-being = increased productivity. Factors such as stress and financial strain can affect the mental health of an employee. Knowing that the employee has invested in a group health insurance plan that safeguards the health interests of employees, it can reduce the strain on mental health and increase productivity in a stress-free environment.
FAQs on ManipalCigna Group Health Insurance Plans
- Who can buy ManipalCigna Group Health Insurance Policy?
The ManipalCigna Group Health Insurance Policy can be purchased for and by any group/association/institution/corporate body provided it has a central administration. However, a minimum of seven people have to be part of the group.
- Are medical expenses covered before and after hospitalization?
The insured individual(s) will be reimbursed for medical expenses incurred for pre and/or post hospitalization. Base cover of the group health insurance plan provides 30 days pre-hospitalization and 60 days post-hospitalization benefit. However, you have the option to extend this coverage as follows:
- 60 days before hospitalization and 90 days post hospitalization
- 90 days before hospitalization and 180 days post hospitalization.
- What do you mean by cashless hospitalization?
In cashless hospitalization, the insured patient does not need to pay from his/her pocket while being hospitalized. All medical expenses incurred will be directly settled by the insurance company. Cashless facility is only available at network hospitals wherein bills will get settled by ManipalCigna.
For a detailed list of FAQs, click here.
Who can take a Group Health Insurance?
A Group Insurance plan is a type of health insurance plan that covers a group of people who work in the same organisation. This is a benefit for the employees since it protects them against unforeseen accidents, and the employer bears the premium.
What are the benefits of Group Insurance plans?
Some of the benefits of getting group health insurance are - (a) Better coverage at a more reasonable cost. (b) Enjoys tax benefits. (c) Creates a safe and trusting workplace environment. (d) Increases productivity by easing the stress on employees about getting insurance.
Is Maternity benefit covered under a Group Health Insurance?
Yes, you can avail maternity benefits under group health insurance plans. It is not part of the base cover but can be included as per the need of the group. Note that maternity benefits at ManipalCigna cover delivery expenses, medical expenses, and lawful termination of pregnancy.
Can I cover my children and spouse under a Group Insurance plan?
Yes, you can cover your family residing in India under the group medical insurance policy. The insurance policy covers relationships of spouse, parents and in-laws between 18 to 75 years. Also includes dependent unmarried children, grandchildren and siblings between the ages of 5 to 25 years.
Why Choose ManipalCigna Group Insurance Plans?
The ManipalCigna Group Health Insurance plan is designed to provide medical coverage to members of a group (minimum 7 members) in the event of hospitalization due to an illness or injury. It offers a detailed protection plan with base covers and a range of multiple options to choose as per the requirements of the group.