Here Is How You Can Improve Your Metabolism read
Feb 08 2021779 Views
When carrying out a root cause analysis of weight loss, along the path, you are sure to stumble upon a thing called rate of metabolism. Metabolism is the ability of your body to convert food into energy for day to day tasks. It is broadly a factor of age, body composition, genetics, gender, and what you eat.
A faster metabolism means a fitter you. This, in the longer run, translates to low cost of medical bills. Your HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY might cover you against most diseases and your doctor may urge you to adopt a healthy lifestyle and healthy eating. Though, eventually, your health is your responsibility.
IMPROVING METABOLISM THROUGH FOOD
- Your body is just like you. Works hard in the morning, and wants rest at night. To keep your body going, have high nutrient meals spread across the day. It is better to have five small to medium meals than three large meals. This way, your body will not go into hibernate mode. It will not slow the process of metabolism whenever it does not get food
- Your breakfast is essentially the most important meal of the day. It is a part of your healthy diet that should never be skipped. Even if you are in a hurry, grab a yogurt smoothie and breakfast bar before you leave
- Increase your protein intake. Protein, especially plant based, requires more energy to burn as compared to fats and carbohydrates. Thus, improving your metabolism
- Unsweetened green tea an hour after both lunch and dinner can also help improve your metabolism in short-term. Making this a habit can benefit you in the longer run
IMPROVING METABOLISM THROUGH EXERCISE
- According to WebMD, every kilo of muscle uses more than 10 calories just to sustain. Compare this with a kilo fat, which uses close to 4 calories only. Therefore, it is important that you work on strength training along with your cardio schedule to increase your rate of metabolism
- Aerobic exercise improves your resting metabolism rate. It is your rate of metabolism when you are not engaged in physical activities. It includes activities such as sleeping, sitting, etc.
- Increase your water intake. Your metabolism slows down even if you are mildly dehydrated. So, drinking water regularly throughout the day is important for increased metabolism
Disclaimer : Any content, such as text, graphics, images, and any other material found on the ManipalCigna Health Insurance Website is for illustrative and/or informational purposes only. This content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice and consultation of your general physician pertaining to your medical condition(s). ManipalCigna requests that you do not delay or disregard professional medical advice on the basis of what you have read or seen on the ManipalCigna Website.
ManipalCigna, one of the leading companies in India to offer health insurance plans, is making this health and/or medical related reading material available for suggestion purposes only. ManipalCigna does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the ManipalCigna Website. Reliance on any information provided by ManipalCigna, ManipalCigna employees, others appearing on the Website at the invitation of ManipalCigna, or other visitors to the Website is solely at your own risk.