CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - Everything You Need to Know About Covid-19
As your integral partner in illness and wellness, we’re are committed to providing you with timely information about the COVID-19 vaccine and want to remind you of the resources that are available.
Who is eligible for COVID-19 vaccine?
- Besides healthcare and frontline workers, in the second phase people above the age of 60 or over 45 years of age with certain health conditions were able to receive the vaccine shots from 1st March 2021 at various government as well as private centres across the country.
Under the third phase of the vaccination drive commencing from 1st May, 2021, everyone above the age of 18 will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccine jab and the registration will begin from 24th April 2021 on the Co-Win App. The vaccination process and documents remains the same.
How to register?
- The eligible beneficiaries can register themselves in two ways:
1. Visit http://www.cowin.gov.in
2. Download the Aarogya Setu App
Registration is open on the Co-WIN platform from 1st March (Everyday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM). Once the registration is complete, eligible person would receive an SMS on their mobile number regarding the due date, venue and time of vaccination.
What documents are required to register for COVID-19 vaccine?
- A government ID proof such as passport, PAN card, pension card, voter ID, MNREGA job card or driving license will be sufficient for people over the age of 60 years to get registered. People above 45 years of age will have to upload a medical certificate mentioning their comorbid conditions.
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, please refer to the following helpful resources :
- - To help find latest information and determine eligibility for the vaccine, click here https://bit.ly/3esAkd7
- To locate list of hospitals and vaccination distribution sites, click here https://bit.ly/3esAkd7
- To find answers to frequently asked questions about vaccination for COVID-19, click here https://bit.ly/3esAkd7
- To reach out to us regarding any Covid-19 claim related queries / other queries on your claims, please get in touch at 1800-419-1159
- If you need to consult a doctor on any health concern all ManipalCigna Health Insurance customers can call us on our exclusive 24X7 WeCare number 1800-123-2121
Keeping you safe and healthy as possible is always our utmost priority. Your existing cover with ManipalCigna Health Insurance will take care of hospitalization expenses arising out of coronavirus. Please refer to the terms and conditions for details of the coverage you are entitled to in your plan.
Follow these easy steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- To continue to protect yourself and your loved one we continue to encourage you to properly wash your hands, avoid crowded areas, keep at least a six foot (approximately two meter) distance from others outside of immediate household members, and you should continue to wear a mask in public because #MaskZarooriHai to protect you and others around you.
What is coronavirus?
- Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in humans and animals. Some can infect humans and are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
How is the coronavirus transmitted?
- Most often, spread from person-to-person happens mainly via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza spreads. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled in to the lungs.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
- Symptoms can include fever, cough and shortness of breath. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes that symptoms of COVID-19, may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 after exposure at this time.
MANIPALCIGNA COVERAGE & INFORMATION
Do ManipalCigna Health Insurance policies cover medical expenses related to coronavirus?
- Yes, ManipalCigna’s comprehensive health insurance policies cover hospitalisation expenses arising out of coronavirus. Please refer to the terms and conditions for details of the coverage you are entitled to in your plan.
These days viral infections are very common, do ManipalCigna plans help financially in treating such ailments
- Yes. Buying a health insurance plan not just for yourself but for your entire family is important to make sure your hospital admission and treatment expenses are covered seamlessly.
Are there any waiting period applicable for viral infections like Ebola, H1N and now coronavirus?
- Our indemnity plans covers outpatient treatments (OPD) without any waiting period. A claim for diagnosis and treatment on OPD basis can be made in accordance with the claims procedure mentioned in the policy wordings. In case of hospitalization on account of COVID-19, the hospitalization expenses incurred will be covered provided the illness is contracted after completion of 30 days in case of a fresh policy. In case of a policy that has been renewed continuously without a break 30 days of waiting period will not be applicable.
CLAIM PAYOUT TO CUSTOMER’S BASIS ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
I got admitted for some ailment on 28th March 2020, but by then lockdown was imposed in whole country due to COVID-19, due to which I am unable to submit my documents to insurance company. How can I apply for reimbursement of my expenses in this situation?
- To ease the problems faced by customers due to COVID-19 and lockdown, ManipalCigna is providing an option to get your claim processed based on scanned documents. At the moment you are not required to submit original documents to insurance company but rather you can provide us with scanned copies of all your documents with a declaration and get your claim processed.
What all I have to do to get my claim processed on scan documents?
- You are needed to submit scanned and self-attested copies of all your documents along with a declaration form to us to get your claim processed.
Who is eligible for proposed process of claim processing on scan documents?
- . All fresh claims for hospitalization incurred in between 15th March 2020 to 30th September 2021.
. Claims which are already lodged or old claim which are outstanding due to query raised and customer not able to submit the query responses due to lockdown.
If my hospitalization happened before 15th March but till date I am not able to submit the claim document, can I be eligible for this benefit?
- No, only hospitalization that happened between 15th March 2020 to 30th September 2021 is eligible.
Are pre-hospitalisation expenses covered for first 30 days of a fresh policy for COVID claims.
- No , Pre-hospitalization and hospitalization expenses will be covered after 30 days waiting period for Covid claims . Claims arising due to accidents will be covered from day 1
What if I got admitted before 15th March and that claim was approved by ManipalCigna in cashless but now I want to apply for post hospitalization expenses incurred after 15th March but within my policy limit for length of post hospitalization?
- All post hospitalization bills dated post 15th March 2020 can be claimed basis scanned documents.
I had already submitted my scanned claim documents 1 month back and received message that my claim has been approved but payment is pending for original documents. What can I do as courier services have not yet resumed in my area?
- You have to share your signed declaration form of “submission of original documents post lockdown” with us by either getting it uploaded on medi buddy or through your registered mail Id.
Can I also apply for HMB bills incurred after 15th March 2020 on scanned documents?
- Yes, you can apply in the same way as for Reimbursement claim.
Where does insured need to submit the claims?
- . Direct Upload on Medibuddy portal / Website https://me.medibuddy.in/ OR Download the App Medibuddy from Play store . In case you are not able to access this portal then please reach out to ManipalCigna customer care over call.
. Share scans of claims to your sales agents / ManipalCigna relationship manager over an email through your registered email Id with ManiplaCigna Health Insurance, which will be further taken up for processing.
. In case the couriers are operational, kindly courier your claims documents to nearest ManipalCigna Branch
How can I log into medibuddy?
- Step 1. Open the web browser and type me.medibuddy.in then press enter.
Step 2. If you are a new user then click on “activate here” tab on right lower side of screen.
Step 3. Sign up/ activate your medibuddy portal- enter policy holder/ employee name as mentioned in policy copy, date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format, chose any one option out of three ( emp code, MAID/ Policy no.), enter CAPTCHA code and click on identify and enter the OTP sent on your registered mobile number.
How can I submit my claim in Medibuddy portal?
- Step 1. Once you login to portal, click on submit reimbursement
Step 2. Enter hospitalization details and click on submit
Step 3.- click a picture of your document or take scanned image through printer and upload them in medibuddy in their respective headers
Step 4.- once the scans are uploaded, an intimation/reference number would be generated which will help you to track status of your claim.
What if the mail Id through which I am sending my document is not registered with ManipalCigna Health Insurance?
- In that case, you can reach out to ManipalCigna Health Insurance customer care over call and get your mail Id endorsed with us. You can also get your claim registered through your policy agent.
What is the advantage of uploading documents on medibuddy portal in comparison to sharing over mail?
- . Easy to track as you have your intimation number with you.
. No need of endorsing mail Id with insurer.
. Faster processing
What if original claim documents are already submitted in the ManipalCigna branches but still pending at ManipalCigna branch due to lock down?
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance branches are equipped with tool / email through which they can get these documents processed. Please reach out to your agent / customer care
Is there any list of mandatory documents to avail this facility?
- . Consent /declaration of the insured.
. Claim form ( can be downloaded from our website)
. Discharge summary
. Final bill with breakups and receipts,
. Medicine bills and prescriptions,
. Investigation reports
. KYC documents if claim amount more than 1 lac.
. Cancel cheque
Each and every page of original documents has to be signed by proposer/ patient before sharing scans for processing.
Documents should be submitted only through your registered email id registered with us, otherwise your claim won’t be registered.
What is this consent or declaration form and from where can I get it?
- It is Self-declaration by insured that he retains all the original documents and on demand by the Insurer or the TPA he/she shall provide the original documents after the lockdown gets over or the situation gets normalized. Insured is solely liable for the genuineness of the claims submitted online to Insurer/TPA. That the claim has not been made elsewhere to any other insurance company.
You can get this declaration form from ManipalCigna Health Insurance website
What if I can’t get a print out of this declaration?
- A hand written declaration would also suffice
Who need to sign this declaration and original claim documents before scanning them?
- Proposer or patient can sign these documents.
How to submit query reply?
- The process for submission of documents of query reply will remain same as above for fresh claims.
ASSISTANCE IN TIME OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Cashless Claim:Our cashless claim services continue to be hassle-free experience during hospitalizations. For all emergency hospitalizations, get in touch with your Hospital TPA desk to initiate the cashless process. Please visit the link https://www.manipalcigna.com/claims-process to get detailed information
Planned Hospitalization: You may raise a cashless request for planned hospitalization using our E- Cashless facility. Give a missed call at 1800-572-9792, we'll SMS the download link to your smartphone. Login to app and click on e- cashless facility
Reimbursement claim: Customers can now upload scanned claim documents using Medibuddy app or by logging onto https://me.medibuddy.in/We shall keep your claims processed and disburse payment once we receive the hard copies. To locate our branch, visit https://www.manipalcigna.com/branch-locator
GIC proposed charges for COVID Cases : https://bit.ly/36TA9UA
ASSISTANCE IN TIME OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Where can I get answers to Coronavirus Claims related queries?
- . If you have any Covid-19 claim related queries / other queries on your claims, please get in touch at 1800-419-1159
. For queries related to claims incurred in India , please write to email@example.com
. For International Wipro admissions please write to, firstname.lastname@example.org
. All Other Employee-Employer groups - CGHBclaims@manipalcigna.com
Will Quarantine charges incurred during hospitalization be covered in the policy?
- Yes, quarantine related charges along with the other hospitalization charges incurred for management of COVID 19 shall be covered in our indemnity policies as per policy terms.
Are the consultations with a medical practitioner and diagnostic tests in relation to COVID-19 covered under my Health Insurance policy?
- Yes, expenses as a result of medical consultation and diagnostic tests, shall be covered under in our indemnity policies as per policy terms.
Will the policy cover hospitalization in a country other than India?
- Our worldwide emergency benefit ensures that Covid-19 hospitalizations are covered internationally
Is Domiciliary treatment covered?
- Yes, the same is covered as per the policy terms and conditions
POLICY RENEWAL AND SERVICING
Where can I pay the renewal premium / purchase a new policy?
- If you are making an online payment then you can visit www.manipalcigna.com to make the renewal payment
We have tied up with ICICI bank where you can visit any of the 1350 locations for New business premium / renewal premium to be paid through cheque or cash. The premium payment must be done over the counter & the cheque should not be dropped in any drop box.
Where should I give servicing request for my policy?
- You can contact your agent/advisor/sales manager who will accept documents for servicing of your policy & will in turn coordinate with ManipalCigna Health Insurance branch for processing.
Customers can call our toll free no 1800-102-4462. Retail customers can write to us at email@example.com & Group customers can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Bank of India, Andhra Bank, Corporation Bank customers can call toll free no 1800-123-263-472 or write to email@example.com.
Bank of Maharashtra customers can call toll free no. 1800-108-6242 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org Our distribution partners can call us on our toll free no. 1800-102-4462 and press option 5
If not satisfied, how can I raise a complaint?
- We are always here to help you. The above touchpoints should be able to manage all your queries; however, if the resolution provided does not meet your expectations, you can write to our Grievance Redressal Officer, Ms. Shruti Vyas, Assistant Vice President - Grievance Cell at email@example.com or call at 022-48832666
Worried about insuring yourself and your family with adequate health cover OR renewing your existing ManipalCigna Health Insurance policy?
- Don’t stress, as a health insurance partner, our top priority is to protect the health and well-being of those we serve.
Our ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Plan covers hospitalisation expenses, immediate OPD expenses, ambulance cover arising out of COVID-19. Click https://buyonline.manipalcigna.com/buy-health-insurance/renew
OR https://buyonline.manipalcigna.com/buy-health-insurance/makepayment to renew your policy and ensure a seamless cover for you and your family.
Please note, we have also extended the Grace period for all policies due onwards 01/02/2020 to 60 days from the original 30 days in case you are unable to pay your premium on time, in view of the disruptions caused by the Coronavirus outbreak.
We urge you to stay alert, stay home and exercise personal hygiene. In case you have any queries or need any assistance while renewing your policy, Please feel free to call us on our toll free 1800-102-4462